Graphic Designer Hand Hugs Design

12.14.2009

Makin Stuff

I realized that sitting and staring at my computer is less fun than actually making tangible artwork. After one long day of looking at annoying code, and feeling uninspired/ the burning hatred of frustration at IE6, I stopped working and starting making things. Most of them are christmas presents, so I can't just post them up here for everyone to see, but these guys are extra, and so cute. I can post the other crafts later, I guess. Anyway, for those of you unfamiliar with printmaking, I am sure you did one of these in like, fourth grade, where you carve this stuff out of a rubbery thing and cut your fingers a bunch. Roll it up with ink and voila!

He is a bear.
Here is my awesome kitchen/ printmaking studio.




I also tried printing it on some wood, which i haven't done before- since i don't have a press, it turned out a little faded, but still pretty cool.

Let me know if you want one- I will see what I can do. After all, these guys did take some blood out of me. So that's gotta be worth what like, a million dollars right?

No comments: